Northern Illinois Municipal Power Agency (“NIMPA”) currently holds an undivided 7.6% (120 MW) ownership interest in the Prairie State Energy Campus (“PSEC”), a 1,582 MW new supercritical coal fired power plant located in southern Illinois. NIMPA allocates a percentage entitlement of energy, capacity and ancillary services from PSEC (Entitlement Share) to each of its three members under a power sales agreement. One of these members, the City of Batavia, is seeking to sell up to 50 MW of PSEC output associated with its Entitlement Share to a counterparty under one of two alternative transaction structures.
Specifically, Batavia is seeking counterparties interested in: (1) entering into a Unit Purchase Agreement (“UPA”) to purchase the rights to a portion of Batavia’s Entitlement Share, and/or (2) executing a Power Purchase Agreement (“PPA”) to purchase a fixed quantity of around-the-clock energy and capacity.
The Brattle Group will serve as the Independent Sale Manager (“ISM”) for this RFP process. This website has been established by the ISM to host materials and facilitate communication related to the RFP. Potentially interested bidders must register through the Registration section of the website to receive communication and announcements from the ISM.
Prospective bidders also should review the NIMPA Request for Proposals. This document provides an overview of the RFP process and additional information regarding products being auctioned. A Confidential Information Memorandum (“CIM”) has been posted to the confidential documents section of this website. The Confidential Information Memorandum provides further description of the transaction and transaction structure options, the PSEC units and their performance, and market conditions affecting PSEC. Prospective bidders must execute a Confidentiality Agreement to access the CIM and other important RFP documents.
The City of Batavia has released this Press Release concerning the RFP.
This website is divided into the following sections:
- Home: where periodic announcements from the ISM will be posted;
- Auction FAQ: contains answers to questions submitted to the ISM;
- Ask the Manager: prospective bidders should submit any questions they have to the ISM through this page;
- Calendar: a list of important auction dates;
- Info Sessions: provides details regarding any scheduled public information sessions;
- Documents & Data: contains links to several important documents. Interested bidders can access certain confidential documents by completing and submitting a signed confidentiality agreement (see the Public Documents section).
- Document Submittal: a template through which registered prospective bidders can submit auction materials to the ISM;
- Registration: a template that interested bidders may complete to receive email announcements about the auction.